Verisign's Wildcard A-Records and DNSSEC Plans?

Tyler Close tyler at waterken.com
Thu Sep 18 08:17:00 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 11:38, Morlock Elloi wrote:
> That is the problem when a centralized technical solution relies on the
> legal system (and they almost always do.)
>
> What is important is how and if will this accelerate alternate solutions
> for name space management.

For the WWW, an alternate solution has already been proposed and
implemented. You can find an HTTP server, client and browser that
function using a decentralized designation and authentication
model at:

http://www.waterken.com/dev/YURL/

The acceleration part depends upon the participation of others,
such as yourself.

The YURL model is currently being discussed in a thread that
includes both the web-calculus list and the cap-talk list.

You can join the web-calculus list at:

and the cap-talk list at:

or we could extend the discussion to this list.

The current thread is a continuation of the moderator terminated
thread you may have seen on the cryptography list. This
termination prevented the many misunderstandings from being
addressed. You can find a FAQ on these misunderstandings at:

http://www.waterken.com/dev/YURL/FAQ/

Tyler

--
The union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/