Versign creates man-in-the-middle attack on DNS

Neil Johnson njohnsn at njohnsn.com
Mon Sep 15 19:56:36 PDT 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 09:50 pm, Tim May wrote:

> I didn't get a Verisign page...I go the usual error.
>
> "Could not open the page http://www.thisisjunk55666.com/ because the
> server www.thisisjunk55666.com could not be found."

Try:

http://www.bfafasfas.com

Word on the North American Network Operators Group (NANOG) mailing list is
that some major ISP's are null routing the address of the verisign server in
protest.

The DNS name for the site you are redirected to is

http://sitefinder.verisign.com . It's IP Address is 64.94.110.11

If you can't get to the Address, it has probably been null-routed.

There is an article on slashdot already:

Neil Johnson
http://www.njohnsn.com
PGP key available on request.