ABC Smuggles depleted Uranium into US...

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 09:30:56 PDT 2003

I think that it's becomming clear that in order for Americans to feel safe
US troops should morph into an international Police force. Next stop:
Indonesia!

-TD

"The ABCNEWS suitcase containing the uranium was placed in a teak trunk
along with other furniture put in a container in Jakarta, Indonesia, a city
considered by U.S. authorities to be one of the most active al Qaeda hot
spots in the world. The container was shipped to Los Angeles in late July,
just one week before the bombing of the Jakarta Marriott Hotel that killed
12 people.

Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has claimed major improvements in port
security, in part because of enhanced vigilance overseas. "So that our
borders become the last line of defense, not our first line of defense,"
Ridge said in a speech last week. He said the United States was increasing
security "thousands of miles away, long before a container is first loaded
on a ship."

But in Jakarta, ABCNEWS producers David Scott and Rhonda Schwartz found that
the chest in which they had placed the depleted uranium was never opened or
inspected before being sent on to Los Angeles. "