Getting certificates.

Dave Howe DaveHowe at gmx.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 10:18:50 PDT 2003

> Outlook and outlook express support digital signing and
> encryption -- but one must first get a certificate.
>
> Now what I want is a certificate that merely asserts that the
> holder of the certificate can receive email at such and such an
> address, and that only one such certificate has been issued for
> that address.  Such a certification system has very low costs
> for issuer and recipient, and because it is a nym certificate,
> no loss of privacy.
then generate one.
it won't be accepted as legitimate by the majority of clients though - you
would have to get each one to approve you manually (like you would with a
pgp key, but without the WoT to help you)
keys can be generated using OpenSSL, or if you aren't a fan of command
line tools, EBCrypt can generate them from VB; there is a mini-ca script
here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WSH-CA/files/Current/ if you want to
play with it :)