ECC and blinding.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 30 09:06:10 PST 2003

    --
On 28 Oct 2003 at 13:49, Adam Back wrote:
> So for that reason I think Chaum's scheme practically would
> not be viable over EC.  (Or you could do it but you'd be
> better off performance, security and key/messag size doing
> Chaum over normal RSA).

Simple Chaumian blinding works fine on EC.  Some more complex
schemes, such as some of Brand's, do not.

But I do not see any demand for the more complex schemes.  The
simplest scheme is already complicated enough, that some of the
complexities afflict the end user.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     aKHDMdj+9gnBr65YtX0qhoydEhjayKgfhkQHEAzr
     4mclgavEBK5DyZ0aLB/l/EnYG2RizakxZ8mZUlz+E