"If you DON'T use encryption, you help the terrorists win"

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Wed Oct 29 11:22:09 PST 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 01:50:37PM -0500, Sunder wrote:
> The push to do that should be aimed at the MTA authors and package
> organizers.  If you can get it turned on by default, you're half way
> there.  Last time I tried to fuck with this on qmail, I had to patch qmail
> to support it.  Not something I'd like to do again - hopefully it's
> changed a bit.
>
> >From 1st hand experience - it is indeed a pain in the ass.
>
> But if you can get the big projects to turn it on by default for all/most
> of the MTA's, then you can push the bigger fish to do so as well.  I'd

   It's not setting up tls itself that's the problem, really, it's the cert
generation that got me bogged down and so everytime I've tried it, first with
sendmail and then with postfix, I've ended up with "okay, when I've got more
time I'll finish this".
    Of course, ipsec is the same way. Setting up ipsec on a cisco router is sure
a lot easier.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix