"If you DON'T use encryption, you help the terrorists win"

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 22:59:54 PST 2003

HI,

>TD wrote-
> that, increased use of
> crypto implies increased cost of monitoring.

If a larger population starts using cryptography, we
can compare it to U.S mail. The govt. any way can't go
through all the snail mails due to its sheer volume.
They rely on other methods to detect and nullify
terror threats. Even if every one started using
encryption, the govt will not spend any money to
decrypt all the messages. The govt will use other
mechanisms(intelligece) to detect which cipher text is
worth breaking. More people using cryptography is good
for the crypto community, in terms of dollars,interest
and development in this particular area.

Sarath.