"If you didn't pay for it, you've stolen it!"

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Sun Oct 26 16:31:40 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 14:29, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Sunder wrote:

> > the elderly, lend it - or rent it to friends, use it as a paperweight,
>                             ^^^^^^^ this, I believe, there are laws
> about. At least here.

Aside from tax laws, I don't know of any US Federal or New York State
laws applying to renting books. A quick search didn't turn up anything
in the US, either. (Though there's so much law out there that 'quick
search of the law' is oxymoronic.) I don't have any resources other than
Google for checking English law.