Palladium/TCPA/NGSCB

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Thu Oct 23 13:18:36 PDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:59:47AM -0700, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> And virii that infect the immune system can be fun too --imagine a virus
> infecting your antiviral program.  HIV for Windows.

Or a virus that modifes your other programs to make them appear to
be known virii.  You'd have to turn off your AV progams
to keep them from destroying your files (or moving them
around, going crazy with warnings when you start any program, etc)

I'd bet that no AV programs have safeguards against this
sort of false positive attack.

Eric