Palladium/TCPA/NGSCB

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Oct 22 23:06:44 PDT 2003

Mark Miller pointed out to me that currently much of our protection from
viruses comes from people at the anti-virus companies who quickly grab each
new virus, reverse engineer it, and send out information about its payload
and effects.  Any system which hides code from reverse engineering will
make this process more difficult.  To the extend that Palladium/TCPA/NGSCB
hides code, and to the extent it succeeds at this hiding, the more it
encourages new and more pervasive viruses.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | "There's nothing so clear as a | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | vague idea you haven't written | 16345 Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | down yet." -- Dean Tribble     | Los Gatos, CA 95032