[announce] Postponing CyberDawg (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Oct 14 13:28:55 PDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:58:20 -0500
From: David Nunez <dnunez at catf-austin.org>
To: announce at effaustin.org
Subject: [announce] Postponing CyberDawg

Hi folks,

As some of you may have heard, we were moving very fast on having a
Cyberdawg next week.

I spoke with JonL this morning and we decided to postpone the cyberdawg
this month.

We had picked the 21st as a good date because it coincided with a panel
that the LBJ school was trying to pull together on eVoting.
Unfortunately, the panel fell through.

I decided that it would be useful to have an extra week or two to get a
lot of the ducks in a row (ex. T-shirts) before having our event rather
than trying to rush it.

Next week's major event, then, will be the Wireless party on Thursday(?)
for which EFF-A is a sponsor.  It'll be useful for us to get the word
out about this event. (details coming)

Furthermore, I'll work again with Ruta Maya to nail down a different
date (hopefully this won't be a big deal) and prepare fliers to pass
around at the Wireless event.

Thanks and sorry for the rampant misinformation,
David Nunez
david at davidnunez.com