Software protection scheme may boost new game sales (fwd)

Neil Johnson njohnsn at njohnsn.com
Sat Oct 11 14:48:44 PDT 2003

I remember a software company in my home town in the late '80's  that had it
figured out.

They sold accounting software, it wasn't as spiffy as their competitor's
(Quicken) but they sold it for .... $14.

For $14 dollars most any company would buy a copy just to try it out.

The owner made a handsome profit before selling the company to larger outfit.

I think they also sold other software the same way, they sold it cheap enough
that people just spent the money to see if it was worth it.

-Neil
(who still runs Quicken 99 under windows 95 'casue it does everything I need
to do)
--
Neil Johnson
http://www.njohnsn.com