What You Can Do -Right Now- To Stop CAPPS II

Bill Scannell bill at scannell.org
Fri Oct 10 11:39:56 PDT 2003

Dear Patriot,

For the past seven months, I have been fighting for the right of all
Americans to travel freely in our own country.  CAPPS II, the Soviet-style
internal border control system being pushed by the Department of Homeland
Security, will strip us of that right, and make air travel a 'privilege'
granted by government.

A lot has been accomplished:

* Delta was shamed out of testing CAPPS II
* Homeland Security was forced to appoint a Chief Privacy Officer
* JetBlue was exposed violating the privacy of millions of passengers
* JetBlue was shamed out of CAPPS II testing
* A pro-CAPPS II 'consumer advocate' was unmasked as a Cendant shill
* Galileo/Cendant has backpedaled on CAPPS II

I need your help taking this fight forward.

Running the anti-CAPPS II campaign costs a lot of time and money.  The
Boycott Delta and Don't Spy On US websites require a team of graphic artists
and web designers.  As you can imagine, the bandwidth usage is enormous.

The over 40 million dollars in publicity generated for the ongoing
anti-CAPPS II awareness campaign came at a cost of hundreds of media
interviews, astronomical telephone bills, and all of my time and energy.

Up to now, I have funded this project out of my own personal savings.
America has been good to me and spending money to keep our country free
seemed only fair.  Unfortunately, I can't do this alone anymore, which is
why I am turning to you for help.

To keep up the fight, I need you to contribute to the cause.  Whether you
can afford $20.00 or $100.00; $50.00 or $1,000.00 , every cent you give
makes it possible to keep up the pressure on those who would make our great
nation less free.

There are two ways you can help fund the fight:

1. Use your credit card and contribute using PayPal:
        http://dontspyon.us/paypal.html

   2.  Send a check or money order payable to 'Bill Scannell' in care of my
attorneys:
        The Electronic Frontier Foundation
        454 Shotwell Street
        San Francisco, CA 94110

Together, we can stop CAPPS II.

With deepest gratitude,

Bill Scannell
Founder
www.boycottdelta.org
www.DontSpyOn.US

deserve neither liberty nor safety."  Benjamin Franklin

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image.jpg]