Wipe your Lamo notes now

Ken Hirsch kenhirsch at myself.com
Wed Oct 1 17:09:34 PDT 2003

From: "Tyler Durden" <camera_lumina at hotmail.com>
> Tim May wrote...
>
> "If it's a felony for _me_ to say "Sources tell me that Valerie Plame, the
> wife of Ambassador Joseph Wilson, has been a CIA covert operative since
> 1980," it is a felony for Robert Novak to do so."
>
> Hum. Particularly in the era of the Internet and blogs. Even if "The Press"
> should have some special treatment, the clear and obvious thing to do is to
> set up an Internet Press of some minimal sort, and start "reporting".

There's not a special exemption for reporters.  It is only a crime to reveal the
identity of covert agent if you learn of it because of authorized access to
classified information or your are engaged in "a pattern of activities intended to
identify and expose covert agents and with reason to believe that such activities
would impair or impede the foreign intelligence activities of the United States".