e voting (receipts, votebuying, brinworld)

BillyGOTO billy at dadadada.net
Wed Nov 26 08:10:59 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:10:28PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2003, at 5:05 PM, BillyGOTO wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:26:18PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> >>(I fully support vote buying and selling, needless to say. Simple
> >>right to make a contract.)
> >
> >What's your take on this situation, then:
> >
> >BOSS:  Get in that booth and vote Kennedy or I'll fire you.  Take this
> >       expensive camera with you so you can't pull any funny business.
>
> I have no problem with this free choice contract.

You can't sell your vote for the same reason that Djinni don't
grant wishes for "more wishes".

> You, in the rest of your comments, show yourself to be one of the many
> tens of millions who probably need to be sent up the chimneys for their
> crimes.
>
> Liberty's a mental chore, isn't it?

Maybe I just don't understand Liberty.  I need to meditate on it for a
while.  I'll use your image of tens of millions of "criminals" going up
in smoke (myself included) as a starting point.

PS: Is support of vote buying consistent with rejection of Democracy?