e voting

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Mon Nov 24 11:50:43 PST 2003

On Nov 24, 2003, at 9:51 AM, cubic-dog wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Major Variola (ret.) wrote:
>
>> Secretary of State Kevin Shelley is expected to announce today that as
>> of 2006, all electronic voting machines in California must be able to
>> produce a paper printout that voters can check to make sure their
>> votes
>> are properly recorded.
>
> Great!
> Now when I sell my vote, I can produce this reciept for payment!
> What a perfect system!
>
> Umm, weren't voter "receipts" outlawed some time back
> because of this exact issue?

But it will allow unions to enforce compliance in the collective union
vote.

And wives can "hold out" unless hubby produces the proof that he vote
for the feminista-approved candidate.

Voting receipts really open up the democratic process.

Of course, for those who think the problem with the West is too much
democracy, not a good thing.

--Tim May