Gestapo harasses John Young, appeals to patriotism, told to fuck off

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Nov 18 19:51:58 PST 2003

Declan wrote:

>Even if you don't have a lawyer on retainer, and I suspect few folks
>here do, saying you need to consult with one will provide you with
>time to give the local ACLU affiliate a call. Also law school legal
>clinics can be useful sources of free advice in a pinch.

I've consulted a lawyer or two about Cryptome, and their advice
is don't do it, but if you do we're here. So I no longer ask for
legal advice.

My advice, and it's legally superior to legal advice: take care
of yourself, the threats are not as bad as the advisors advise.
Most lawyers I've dealt with advise to get along with the system,
which may be sound legal advice but shitty for dissent.

I spend several thousand dollars a year on legal
services for business and personal matters, but not for
Cryptome. Abiding legal advice would kill the varmint.

I once proposed to Declan that he get thrown in jail for
his reporting, to give a big boost to his credibility and
career, to break away from the getalong pack. That was in
Tacoma, in the Federal Courthouse cafeteria, taking
a break from the Bell show trial.

I'd like to visit Declan in the pokey, sneak him a tube of
getalong lubricant.