MacOS X (Panther) FileVault

Marshall Clow marshall at idio.com
Wed Nov 12 19:55:30 PST 2003

At 6:18 PM -0800 11/12/03, Tim May wrote:
>A big hit was "Etherpeg," from www.etherpeg.com, which intercepts
>packets over a WiFi network and reconstructs the packets into JPEG
>images (if they exist). Since most of the Macs in the audience were
>on a local WiFi/"AirPort" network, arranged ad hoc, the output was
>put up on the LCD projector during one of the main talks. Images of
>naked chicks, oh my!

This was done for the hack contest at MacHack 2001, also.
[ I have no idea if that was the first time, either. ]

The following year (2002) it was enhanced to return fake banner ads, since
machines on the "local" net could certainly answer before
"ads.doubleclick.com" could. :-)
--
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall at idio.com>
Hey! Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?