FLASH: DHS wants info on store refunds?

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Mon Nov 3 08:15:13 PST 2003

> J.A. Terranson[SMTP:measl at mfn.org]
>
> Well, when I brought back the returns, they wanted a drivers license.
> Odd,
> considering it was a cash sale and I was holding the receipt.
>
> "It's required by the Homeland Security Department" says the kid behind
> the
> register.  Sorry.  I need ID, and I have to enter it into the computer and
> forward it to the Homeland Security Office.  The Terrorists are using this
> kind of thing to wash money."

I strongly suspect that this is not DHS policy - it would have to apply to
*every*
cash refund, regardless as to whether the underlying purchase was weapon
related or not. We'd have heard a lot more about it if this were the case.

For more gubmint nonsense on things that go bang, take at look at:

http://www.premierreticles.com/

"Effective immediatly, US State Dept. regulations prohibit the export
of any riflescope with a mil-dot reticle outside the United States."

Peter Trei