Spelling corrections are now export-controlled

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sun Nov 2 12:06:41 PST 2003

At 11:12 AM 11/2/03 -0800, Steve Schear wrote:
>At 01:47 AM 11/2/2003 -0800, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>>"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or
>>prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
>>speech,
>>or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and

>>petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
>>Everything else is, of course, allowed.  -Sunder
>
>So, for those of us who worship science it looks like we're home free.
It
>seems that such a religious bent isn't too far out.  Both the
recognized
>religions and scince fall within the academic category of philosophy.
Both
>attempt to explain the nature of the world around us.  Has there ever
been
>a 'formal' attempt to legitimize science as a religion?

1. You might try "empirical gnostic" when dealing with lawyer types.

2. There's also the Church of Strong Cryptography.  Its kind of
uptight though, it has sins, even mental sins, like considering
arithmetical
methods of producing random digits.

3. Always remember that the 14th restricts not only Congress but
State and local vermin.  And everything they give money to.