Spelling corrections are now export-controlled

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 11:12:47 PST 2003

At 01:47 AM 11/2/2003 -0800, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>Of course there are limits in regards to freedom of speech.  They are as
>
>follows:
>"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
>prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
>speech,
>or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and
>petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
>Everything else is, of course, allowed.  -Sunder

So, for those of us who worship science it looks like we're home free.  It
seems that such a religious bent isn't too far out.  Both the recognized
religions and scince fall within the academic category of philosophy.  Both
attempt to explain the nature of the world around us.  Has there ever been
a 'formal' attempt to legitimize science as a religion?

steve