Brinworld: Streisand sues amateur coastal photographer at californiacoastline.org

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sat May 31 17:08:19 PDT 2003

At 10:00 PM 5/30/03 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
>You think that's bad?
>
>I know someone who was offerred $1,000 a night to play lead trumpet for

>Streisand. When he heard that a major requirement was that he was not
>"lock eyes onto Streisand" (ie, look at her), he declined the offer.

Who cares?  That's a private transaction.  Neurosis is not criminal.
You can hire Streisand to sing on the condition that she keeps her nose
up your ass,
so long as its a mutually consensual transaction.

But you can't use the threat of violence (ie law) to coerce photogs
publishing what
anyone can see.  *That* is the point.