[spam] Re: Nullsoft's WASTE communication system

John Brothers johnbr at undefined.com
Fri May 30 10:09:24 PDT 2003

> Any license that you may
> believe you acquired with the Software is void, revoked and terminated.

Can you void and/or revoke the GPL?  On one hand, the files are clearly
marked as copyright NullSoft, but on the other, they are also clearly
distributed with the GPL as the license in the header of each source file.
Since I downloaded this from a secondary party, they automatically accepted
the license when I retrieved it from them, and I automatically accepted it
when I modified a source file.

However, there is a paragraph at the bottom of the GPL that talks about the
employer signing a copyright disclaimer indicating that they really,
honestly mean that it is truly GPL.  That particular notice doesn't apear to
be in the manifest.

This will be interesting if it plays out in court.