Well it looks like pigs can now force you to incriminate yourself (legally even)

Thoenen, Peter CIV Sprint peter.thoenen at email-tc3.5sigcmd.army.mil
Wed May 28 06:57:18 PDT 2003

For your enjoyment.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/27/scotus.miranda.questioning/index.html

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&navby=case&vol=000&invol=01-1444

CNN writeup seems to suggest that police no longer need to inform you of
your rights (Miranda) and warn you against self incrimination.  While
the justices state this ruling does not condone law enforcement abuses
to force your to incriminate yourself, we all know how easily abuse is
covered up or just blatantly ignored.

"But justices also concluded the suspect may be able to collect damages
because his due process rights were violated during a hospital room
interrogation. That part of the ruling was sent back to a lower federal
court for further consideration."

Does this even need to get reported, we all know how the lower court
will rule, no damages.

It seems the government finally feels it no longer needs to at least
keep up the pretense of a fair and civil society.

-Peter

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: This is solely the personnel opinion of Peter
Thoenen and in no way condoned by Sprint or the US Government.