Extent of UK snooping revealed

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed May 28 14:52:11 PDT 2003

At 02:59 PM 05/28/2003 +0100, ken wrote:
>John Kozubik wrote:
>>Comments appreciated.
>
>Fun & difficult part is setting up fetching of "random" web pages that
>looks like real user activity.
>
>Also, unless you have some very odd friends,
>user activity will vary in statistically likely ways over time,
>so the ideal system would "randomly" compensate for that.

So do something clearly artificial but complex,
like taking all the spam from your spambait account and
probing the IPs it came from and websites it references
to collect some statistics and also check for relay and proxy status
and maybe display some samples of spam collections on the "some lame
archive" website.

Me?  I wasn't browsing Thoughtcrime - that was just my spam harasser.