CNN.com - Proposed law: $500 per unwanted spam - May. 24, 2003 (fwd)

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Sat May 24 15:12:14 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Choate" <ravage at einstein.ssz.com>
To: <cypherpunks at einstein.ssz.com>
Cc: <hell at einstein.ssz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 2:53 PM
Subject:  CNN.com - Proposed law: $500 per unwanted spam - May. 24, 2003
(fwd)

> http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/05/24/spam.bill.reut/index.html

In a somewhat similar vein, I'm currently assembling a number of contracts
for my company (Trust Laboratories), and I'm looing for truly effective
anti-spam clauses. So I'm looking for any examples (preferrably examples
tested in court). The value of $500 per spam reported in the CNN article
would certainly be enough deterent, and I'm already planning out a spam
reporting mechanism. If anyone has any examples of such clauses I would
greatly appreciate receiving them, private email to ashwood at msn.com would
probably be the best way (and it would avoid adding to the cypherpunks
bandwidth). I greatly appreciate all replies.
                Joseph Ashwood

Trust Laboratories
Changing Software Development
http://www.trustlaboratories.com