Pharmaceutical companies inventing disorders (was: Asperger)

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sat May 17 20:05:52 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 17, 2003, at 05:34  PM, Thomas Shaddack wrote:

> General anxiety disorder. Bah. People are stressed out, that's all -
> it's
> unlikely there is any organic cause that would have to be treated by
> drugs. So instead of trying to figure out how to make the society more
> human-friendly, just label the symptoms as a "disorder" and drug the
> affected humans back to the required level of happiness and
> productivity.

Why is there any need to "figure out how to make the society more
human-friendly"?

It's up to people to arrange their lives to maximize their own
conditions. Those who choose not to are in deep shit. Regrettably for
them, billions of them have done little to improve their lives, their
governments, their situations, are fucked.

I chose to save my money, invest in high technology, and I retired in
1986 when I was 34 years old. I've never worked another day at
something I didn't want to do.

Several billion people, including most in America and Europe, are
fucked because of their choices. Suits me.

Darwinism is nothing without enough dead bodies.

--Tim May