Brinworld++ U.S. Vigilantes Test Drones on Mexican Border

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Wed May 14 18:08:26 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 04:42  PM, Steve Furlong wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 May 2003 18:55, Major Variola (ret) forwarded the
> following Al-Reuters dreck:
>> ...vigilante group...
>> ... vigilante group...
>> ... Three vigilante groups, some of them
>> armed... hand over any illegal immigrants they find to U.S.
>> Border Patrol agents.
>> ...vigilantes... forward those
>> coordinates to the Border Patrol...
>> ... vigilante group...
>> ...vigilantes...
>
> _Some_ of these "vigilantes" are armed, and they plan to send the
> location of illegals to the Border Patrol? Has "vigilante" been defined
> down, like "assault weapon"?
>
> I'm surprised Al-Reuters isn't calling these guys terrorists.

Every time I see that weirdo Curtis Sliwa, with his red beret and his
"Guardian Angels" posse, I think "domestic terrorists."

The notion that people on the street could be stopped and questioned by
some illiterate Puerto Ricans (Sliwa doesn't sound PR, but his
girlfriend/wife "Lisa Sliwa" is undeniably PR) and then allowed to pass
or not is a good reason to carry a gun and pop them. And, yes, I would
object just as strongly if _literate_ PRs, or literate Europeans, or
anyone, stopped me and demanded to know my business. The point about
them being illiterate PRs is that it's crystal-clear this is just a
gang with a nominally "pro law and order" slant. Exactly as if the
Bloods or the Crips became enforcers for the power structure.

They look like Hitler Youth, although both Curtis and Lisa are getting
old.

The issue of whether a group like Sliwa's or the border ranchers is a
posse, a gang, a neighborhood watch group, a vigilante force, or a
right-wing militia is all in the act of naming.

If they're keeping out wetbacks from crossing their lands, more power
to them. Shoot to kill, night vision, all that good stuff.

If they stop me from walking on a public street and tell me I have to
explain to them to their satisfaction what I am doing in "their"
neighborhood, they have earned killing.

It's as simple as that.

--Tim May
"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty,
my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists."  --John
Ashcroft, U.S. Attorney General