Underestimating long-term consequences of cryptoanarchy

Neil Johnson njohnsn at njohnsn.com
Wed May 14 11:18:46 PDT 2003

On Sunday 11 May 2003 03:59 pm, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> At 10:44 PM 5/10/03 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> > I think that's the only way gov't ought to be allowed to fund itself,
> >by selling lottery tickets.
>
> Only if the funds go to math depts.

My dad sarcastically suggested to our state representative that using lottery
funds to support education would be counter-productive to increasing state
revenue.

The rep didn't get it, and wasn't happy when my dad explained it to him in
front of several constituents.

Someone on another list has the signature:
Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates.

--
Neil Johnson
http://www.njohnsn.com