A Trial Balloon to Ban Email?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue May 13 14:24:08 PDT 2003

At 1:11 PM -0700 5/13/03, Greg Broiles wrote:
>If we assume an environment where a payor/spender can later check to see
>if their payment was cashed, this also creates a relatively cheap
>way for spammers to create or validate a list of working email
>addresses.

This problem could be eliminated if the ISP(s) collected the money,
regardless of whether the mail could be delivered or not.

It's sounding more and more like the postal system.  Perhaps we can get
spam-stamps to subsidize regular email.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA