changes at lne.com

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Mon May 12 20:00:58 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:12:54PM -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> But I don't understand why an extra 100 messages a day or even 1000
> messages a day would be a big deal for a server with a fast Net connection.
> If it's DSL or cable modems, that makes sense.

Heh.  I'd love DSL.  It's a full-time dialup.
That's all I can get out here in the woods.

But there are advantages to running it here--
Since it's on a machine I own, I can hack up Majordomo
all I want, and I don't have to worry about the server's
owner getting upset over the list contents (or the ISP
either, since I just get straight IP).

If someone with a real server with real
bandwidth wanted to take over or let me have full
reign on their box to run it there, that'd
be fine with me.

Eric