A Trial Balloon to Ban Email?

Rich Salz rsalz at datapower.com
Sat May 10 09:06:06 PDT 2003

> > Lauren Weinstein, founder of People for Internet Responsibility, has
> > come out with a new spam solution at http://www.pfir.org/tripoli-overview.

Phil Hallam-Baker made of Verisign made a similar proposal.  (I missed
responding to an earlier post on this thread that said "here comes
Verisign" or such-like.)  Unfortunately, I can't find his post any more;
I think it was on one of the XML security WG lists, but the message has
already been purged from my mailbox.  On thing interesting about the VRSN
proposal was they they had a hardware implementation of the "velocity
checker" as an option.  And a patent applied for that.
        /r$