Asperger's Syndrome

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Fri May 9 21:01:33 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 09:29:33AM -0700, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> At 09:26 PM 5/8/03 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> >And as I said before, the mosquitoes really aren't that bad, just
> >quit swatting at them. I'll take bugs over smokers anytime.
>
> My serious point is 1. you don't need to hunt for mushrooms to live

    No, but I did spend 20 years of my life working outside all day, the last 15
of those as a logger in north of Lk. Superior in MN. Awesome bugs.

> 2. you haven't had children die from mosquito bites

   True. I did lose an awful lot of sled dog puppys and other animals (baby
goats and rabbits) and get very sick myself from tick-borne Lyme's disease tho,
before they knew what it even was, but I don't advocate chemical spraying for
deer ticks.

> 3. you/yours have access to western med if you get mosquito-vectored
> diseases

  Yah, well, for as much good as it did me. Spent 8 days at Mayo and they didn't
have a clue, wasn't diagnosed until two years later, two years of being pretty
much totally disabled.

> Contrast with the state of much of the population..  They
> would roast all the gnatcatchers to live better and not
> blink an eye.  Dodo burger, anyone?

   That hasn't been my experience with most backwoods people.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix