Why are there so many statists and communists here on this list now?

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri May 9 09:51:38 PDT 2003

At 09:37 AM 5/9/2003 -0700, Andy Lopata wrote:
>If the corporations didn't have the government to do their dirty work for
>them, they'd do it themselves - like the historical terrorizing and killing
>of labor organizers.

Which is and should be illegal.

> >If the Corporate Media Barons don't like what you say, you get to keep
> >saying it.
>
>If you don't mind losing your job:
>http://www.nandotimes.com/entertainment/story/879662p-6132229c.html

Your boss tells you not to do something and you do it anyway, and then get
fired? Maybe your boss was stupid, but sheesh, this isn't the same thing as
getting tortured, your family imprisoned and raped, and executed.

Hope you can see the difference.

>Newbie flame-baiter, Andy

Yep, that's about right. Teach me to respond to someone who's just trying
to start a flamewar. Keep it up and you'll be the third candidate for my
killfile! :)

-Declan