Collectivism in "community gardens"

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri May 9 09:24:10 PDT 2003

At 06:03 PM 5/8/03 -0700, Eric Cordian wrote:
>Yet, very little is done about the problem, because that would be
>discrimination against a whole slew of people we are told are
>disadvantaged.

I once counciled a fellow grad student who was growing hot peppers on a
little
plot for student farmers.  Seems he had problems with 'raccoons' that
stole
his peppers.

I pointed out that phenolphlalein, a common pH indicator, was the active

ingredient in ex-lax, and very effective, invisible.  I suggested
depositing some in
a few growing peppers.  He also posted a sign to that effect.

Amazing that racoons can read.