Collectivism in "community gardens"

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Thu May 8 18:03:09 PDT 2003

Tim wrote:

> (We have a few here in Santa Cruz. Bums and winos make a token effort
> to stand around and rake. Mostly it's an excuse for community money to
> be handed out to the "farmers." I've also walked past the weed-choked
> community garden in Berkeley, on the site of "People's Park," IIRC.
> Skanks and bums. New slogan for these urban community gardens: "Hoes fo
> da hoes!

Here, in a city that shall remain unnamed, we have constant war between
the community gardeners and the city's homeless population.

The gardeners roust the homeless people in the morning by turning hoses on
them.  They then try to wash away the urine, feces, hypodermic needles,
and used condoms.  The homeless, meanwhile, find out where the gardeners
live, and place spit and other less mentionable homeless-generated organic
substances on their doorknobs and steps.

It's always amusing when some little old lady surprises a crack ho
performing oral sex on a customer in the middle of her plot.

Yet, very little is done about the problem, because that would be
discrimination against a whole slew of people we are told are
disadvantaged.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+