Asperger's Syndrome

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu May 8 09:45:18 PDT 2003

At 07:04 PM 5/7/03 -0700, Mike Rosing wrote:
>A world without mosquitoes would be pretty bleak given how many other
>things eat them.  Better to wipe out the malaria and swat the
mosquitos!

Still, you're in the minority.  If one could kill all the blood-biting
mosquitoes
without killing other bugs, birds, 'gators, etc it would be a good
thing.
Even if you eliminated malaria its not a good vector to have around.

And I bet most people would accept losing a very few species, or
reducing
the productivity of mosquito areas (probably temporarily), to get rid
of the mosquito.  Throw in poison ivy/oak extinction to convince most of
the greens
who hike and you've got a winner :-)

---
"When one tugs at a single thing in Nature, he finds it hitched to the
rest of the Universe" - John Muir
---
You can buy patented mice and you're not allowed to copy them.
-the state of bio IP