Overestimating your importance (Was: Re: CDR: Re: Underestimating long-term consequences of cryptoanarchy)

Jamie Lawrence jal at jal.org
Wed May 7 11:12:49 PDT 2003

On Wed, 07 May 2003, Tyler Durden wrote:

> PS: How long, on average, after someone signs onto the list does it take
> for you to 'plonk' them? I guess this means you need a constant supply of
> "fresh meat" in order for you to find out what's being discussed!

OK, you're being a crank now.

I've been on the list from one address or another since 1993, have had
some fights with Tim, and (so far as I know) never been killfiled by
him.

I usually only post when I have something to say, which may have
something to do with that.

And if I were included, who cares? why are cranks so interested in the
contents of Tim's killfile? I suppose I don't understand the desire to
dance at the edge of a given poster's range of annoyance.

I can't speak for Tim, but ranting about list politics is something that
gets you into *my* procmailrc rather quickly. I haven't added you next
to Choate and profv yet, as you sometimes have a point, but keep working
it, and the cost of your postings will outweigh the utility of reading
them. Will you then rant about Jamie's killfile?

-j

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal at jal.org
Computer Science is Applied Philosophy.