Asperger's Syndrome

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Wed May 7 06:42:32 PDT 2003

   Could be more sinister than that, an attempt to stigmatize thinkers as
weird. Especially when you look at the phenomenon of the rise of ADD. When I was
growing up, there was no such thing as ADD, and,indeed, I don't remember having
kids in my school who exhibited those symtoms. There were dumb kids, of course,
and daydreamers, but I don't recall the weirdly restless, buzzy kids you see so
many of now.
   So what caused ADD -- something in the water, like flouride? Or some food
additive, or some form of pollution? We know that there are a number of
chemicals in the environment today that mimic various hormones which then cause
imbalances in animals, or, for instance, aluminum suspected in alzhimers.
Perhaps in the dumbing down of Americans -- and there is a true dumbdown, US
kids consistently get lower scores than kids in other countries -- those who
weren't exposed to the same nerve agents, say, need to be now demonized as the
"odd ones", the "weirdos", "too smart for their own good", and definitely "too
smart for *our* good" that the proles need to watch out for along with the other
terrorists.

 --
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix