Hippies Banning Crysotile

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 07:42:40 PDT 2003

"Yes, unnoticeable exposures to blue asbestos does cause harm in
a witchcraft like manner -- but while very few people have been
exposed to blue asbestos, almost all jury awards are based on
witchcraft like harm, where the person is harmed by some
imperceptible magical agent that is impossible to notice."

I think you're overstating things here. The Manville settlements (which
forced Manville into Ch13, as I remember) were jury awarded and to date
comprise the lion's share of settlement $$$. And in those cases the harm was
no exactly witchcraft-like: only a a few (literally 3 or 4) of the miners
were left alive to collect. The rest had died of asbestosis.

As for abating the NYC public schools, that was a giant boondoggle that
benefited many corrupt parties in NYC (I could go into great detail, but
that would make it too easy to locate me in meatspace).

A funy story...this guy I went to HS with got fired from the NYC School
Construction authority for going to his bosses and demanding a piece of the
action! (This guy was and is a famous eccentric.)

So to some extent I agree, but the "witchcraft" doesn't have a basis in
reality. Call it a "tag-along" boondoggle if you want.

-TD