Underestimating long-term consequences of cryptoanarchy

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Tue May 6 09:00:26 PDT 2003

At 10:28 AM 5/5/03 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
>This is why I still bother reading Tim May's posts. Every now and then
he
>comes up with a good one.

Where the frequency of "every now and then" depends on the reader..

(Actually, many educated catholics probably thought this at the
>time.) And although the Catholic church did lose power on many fronts,
it by
>no means dissappeared. (You could almost say it propered, but probably
by
>virtue of the fact that it might be the single largest real estate
dealer in
>the world.)

It was also the largest entrenched dealer in software-opiates
in an empire entering the steep part of the tech sigmoid.
Still a flourishing market, BTW, though there's more competition,
from protestants, scientologists, and mohommed is reporting a high
compound annual growth rate..