Hippies Banning Smoke

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Tue May 6 04:34:50 PDT 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 12:05, Tim May wrote:

(To summarize: the youth culture of 1966-1980 was statist rather than
libertarian.)

> "Eat the rich!" came out of that era.

One of my catch-phrases is "eat the poor". This is a combination of
letting the poor pay back the productive part of society for the
welfare they'd sponged, and a response to the "eating animals is cruel"
crowd.

Similarly, I proposed to stop benefits to the elderly after they'd taken
out all the Social Security they'd put in (plus interest). That was met
with howls of protest, so I proposed a no-bag-limit open season on
geezers. "Eat the old!"

(Believe it or not, I'm viewed as unelectable... But that's ok, I don't
want elected office, I just want to shake up the comfortable one-party
no-debate shoo-ins that have been the norm in every city in which I've
ever lived.)

I'm a bit younger than the youth Tim mentioned above, and while my
proposals above were not entirely serious, I think the yells of the
students a few decades ago were serious. I surely have no patience with
the statist mind-set of the boomers.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Guns will get you through times of no duct tape better than duct tape
will get you through times of no guns. -- Ron Kuby