Why are there so many statists and communists here on this list n

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue May 6 00:29:22 PDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Roy M.Silvernail wrote:

> On Monday 05 May 2003 04:10 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
> > The mere fact that no one complains about language like this from May,
> > in a forum which supposedly fights for freedom of speech, is prima facie
> > evidence of the chilling effect of his violent language.
>
> So your suggestion is to chill Tim's speech.
>
> Yep, that's balanced.
>
> TCP already suffers the lack of a sarcasm flag.  It appears we also lack a
> hyperbole flag.

Actually Nomen misprepresents. Lots of people complain about Tim. that
doesn't justify them in actually doing anything about stopping him from
spewing. As much as I find is dribble dribble I'd be one of the first to
stand up to stop anyone from limiting his access to the list or his
expression of ideas irrespective of his word choice. This is one of the
reasons that SSZ remains one of the few completely unmoderated nodes left
on the CDR (Hi Igor you fascist fucking pig).

Fuck that noise.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org