Capitalism and monopolism

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue May 6 00:12:24 PDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Bill Frantz wrote:

> At 3:17 PM -0700 5/4/03, Adam Back wrote:
> >As to virtual monopolies being worse than government: I disagree
> >businesses aim to maximise profit margin and this places a limit on
> >the depths of unethical and bad for the individual behavior they can
> >do.  They won't do it becaues it's not profitable: unhappy customers
> >are not good business.
>
> Remind me how this relates to the relations between the RIAA, the people
> who write/perform music, and the people who listen.

Adam really should stick to crypto, his understanding of psychology is
rather whimsical at best.

If people can act through governments to probe the depths of human
deprevity there is no reason to believe that adding profit to the equation
will alter those depths to the less extreme at all.

His faith in the power of the all mighty buck to make people act ethically
or in a civil fashio is seriously misplaced.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org