[eff-austin] [Fwd: [aclulegteam] Re: Biometrics ID bill hearing on Thursday] (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sun May 4 20:57:46 PDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 20:25:52 -0500
From: Adina Levin <alevin at alevin.com>
To: Leaders <leaders at effaustin.org>, eff-austin at effaustin.org,
     shenson at austin.rr.com
Subject: [eff-austin] [Fwd: [aclulegteam] Re: Biometrics ID bill hearing on
    Thursday]

EFF team -- here's a copy of the ACLU fact sheet, and advice from the
ACLU's Scott Henson.

Call or visit committee members to oppose this experiment in unproven
technology and privacy violation. Committee members' offices and phone
numbers are listed below.

"Worse, SB 945 would expand DPSs use of this information from drivers
license authentification to any purpose requiring identity
authentification. Other government agencies could do the same thing if
they entered into interagency agreements with DPS."

I'll submit this to Slashdot. Any other press attention would be useful.