Crypto-making vs Crypto-breaking

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Sat May 3 16:43:54 PDT 2003

Patrick writes:

> 	I ignore the thought experiment and work on something at hand.
> 	Launching www.printyourownmoney.com in a few days.

Let's see.  The mint picks a prime, p, a generator, g, and a random number
k, and publishes (p, g, g^k mod p).

The mint then signs stuff by raising it to the k power mod p, and not
telling anyone what k is.

We blind coins by picking a random b, and sending the coin times g^b to
the mint, and after the mint raises it to the k power and sends it back,
we can reverse engineer coin^k.

Perhaps you'd care to publish your p, g, and g^k here on the list, so we
can begin hacking them while you finish your pre-launch checkout. :)

(Does anyone recall the approximate equal difficulty ratio between bits
 of factorization and bits of discrete log?)

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+