Why are there so many statists and communists here on this list now?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 07:25:15 PDT 2003

"people who use encryption technology to make statism impossible"

I just think that's too grandiose a statement. In my particular case,

"People who use encryption technology to make interference in my personal
communications impossible", where interference is defined as eavesdropping,
jamming, "man-in-the-middle" and so on. In other words, an infinitely hard
titanium pipe between me and who/whatever is on the other side.

As for the state, well, it may come or go as a result of secure
communications. I suspect it will find a way to stick around. But if heavy
crypto proliferates it will force it to change, at the very least.

But the state is secondary. If they get out of my way (or if by technology I
push them out of the way) for the important stuff, fine.

But then again, the implications of further terrorist attacks (and the
reasons) may be relevant here, but one must tread very carefully on any
public board.....

-TD

"I used to be in favor of gun control prior to the Patriot Act."
-Tyler Durden