Hippies Banning Smoke

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 07:01:34 PDT 2003

Harmon Seaver wrote...

"Oh, another one who either can't read or is just too clueless to get
it. Nobody, but nobody, here has suggested outlawing tobacco (although,
actually, now that I think of it, maybe it should be until such time all
other
drugs are freed -- boy, would that be fun to watch all those nic junkies
murdering one another to get a fix). If you'd read the thread, what part of
"forcing others to smoke" don't you understand?

Yeah, even if there's disagreements with some of the anti-public-smoking
arguments, the general principals involved shouldn't be too hard to agree
with. Basically, "don't try to kill me".

It gets easier when one remembers that cigarette smoke was inches away from
being declared a "class A carcinogen", but the tobacco companies through
much dinero into the debate. That would have put smoke in the same category
as asbestos. So now replace a public smoker with a guy playing tossing
around a big blob of asbestos, and watch various cypherpunks start taking
out their shotguns.

-TD

"I was in favor of gun control prior to the Patriot Act."
-Tyler Durden