Why are there so many statists and communists here on this list now?

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sat May 3 09:16:23 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 06:49  AM, John Kelsey wrote:
> A huge amount of the value of this list, for me at least, is that
> events and news are seen through the lens of a certain kind of
> skepticism that only security people seem to have, along with some
> technological sophistication and a willingness to "think the
> unthinkable."  This is consistent with a wide range of political and
> social and religious beliefs.  It's how you can mix anarchocapitalists
> and greens and anarchocommunists and various flavors of libertarians
> and various others, and still get an interesting list with real
> discussion on it, instead of endless flamewars.

Where are the endless flamewars?

In fact, though Matt Beland has complained that the libertarians have
driven off all the good posters, I found that he has written virtually
no posts himself, until the last few days. When he added his criticism
of libertarians, I did not recognize his name, so I looked for past
articles he has written: a few in 2001 and a few in 2002.

If he and others like him want more content, they ought to be writing
it.

--Tim May