Conspiracy

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Fri May 2 20:09:42 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 18:49, Andy Lopata wrote:

> The only things that
> saves [cospiracy] from being a pure thought crime is that a conspiracy
must be
> an actual agreement between two or more people to commit a crime (or
> fraud), and that an affirmative action must be taken in furtherance
> of the crime (in some drug-related offenses, this isn't even needed).

The "actual agreement" can be inferred by a creative prosecutor *. I
don't remember the cases, but can dig out my criminal law case books if
pressed. As usual in these discussions, this applies only to the U.S.

* Unless that was overturned by the Supremes (unlikely, with the current
court) or forbidden by Congress (yah, right) since I took Crim Law.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Guns will get you through times of no duct tape better than duct tape
will get you through times of no guns. -- Ron Kuby